The most popular search engine Google has officially shut down its services for some users, who are using outdated software.
The search giant rolled out a huge update that impacts in blocking of apps, such as Youtube, Gmail, Google maps on most of the devices.
Which Devices got blocked? If so what should they do?
Google blocked its services on devices using the Android version2.3, it urged users to upgrade their software with a warning message so the users can get its services.
The devices which are incapable of upgrading software will no longer continue with google apps. Those devices will be locked out from using Google services. In order to continue the users must upgrade their Android version to 3.0
Also read our latest posts:
- Bollywood Star Salman Khan Got Bitten By snake At Farm House.
- The Gambling Of Telecom Companies. Do you know why rech Plan is available only for 28 Days?
- Moto EdgeX30 5g Orginal Price and Specs Revealed. Explore the disadvantages of Mobile.
- Indian Fighter Jet, IAF MIG-21 Crashed In Rajasthan, Commander Died.
- Go Fashion IPO: What Grey market suggests on subscription opening. Should you buy these or not?
Which services are locked up? What is the reason?
The devices with the Android version of 2.3 won’t be able to log in to their google account. In addition to that apps such as Calendar, Youtube, Gmail, Google Maps, Playstore, Google drive, Google photos, etc.
The reason behind this act is to ensure security for its users. Google is currently running with Android 11 which leaves android version 2.3 miles behind.
One more reason is that “older versions are more prone to risk” as the operating systems are more susceptible to bugs and hackers.
Google has said it is withdrawing its support “as part of our going efforts to keep our users safe.”