The most popular search engine Google has officially shut down its services for some users, who are using outdated software.
The search giant rolled out a huge update that impacts in blocking of apps, such as Youtube, Gmail, Google maps on most of the devices.
Which Devices got blocked? If so what should they do?
Google blocked its services on devices using the Android version2.3, it urged users to upgrade their software with a warning message so the users can get its services.
The devices which are incapable of upgrading software will no longer continue with google apps. Those devices will be locked out from using Google services. In order to continue the users must upgrade their Android version to 3.0
Also read our latest posts:
- Mahesh Babu Wishes Keerthy Suresh on her Birthday. Check out Some latest Pics of Keerthy.
- Racism Act in Madhya Pradesh. Woman Forced To Take Her Burqa and Hijab Out.
- Young Thug New Album ‘PUNK’ is Here. Give a Look at Tracklist, and listen to all the songs.
- The final Wait is Over, Check your JEE ADV Result Here. JEE All over India Toppers In Male and Female.
- Windows 11 is about to roll out on October 5. Is it safe to upgrade on 1st attempt? Check requirements.
Which services are locked up? What is the reason?
The devices with the Android version of 2.3 won’t be able to log in to their google account. In addition to that apps such as Calendar, Youtube, Gmail, Google Maps, Playstore, Google drive, Google photos, etc.
The reason behind this act is to ensure security for its users. Google is currently running with Android 11 which leaves android version 2.3 miles behind.
One more reason is that “older versions are more prone to risk” as the operating systems are more susceptible to bugs and hackers.
Google has said it is withdrawing its support “as part of our going efforts to keep our users safe.”